Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:47:03 -0500
From:      Jason Hunt <jason.hunt@niicommunications.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   redirection troubles..

greetings,

rc.conf:
natd_program="/sbin/natd"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="xl0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall.current"
firewall_type="OPEN"
firewall_quiet="NO"

rc.firewall.current:

I am not sure if I can list anything here that will be of
use, pretty much deny anything except for ports 22,25,80
and 443.

$fwcmd add divert natd all from any to any via $oif

$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to $oip 22,25,80,443 setup

There are more rules than this, but everything else
is pretty much deny.

22 is the only port listening on firewall, but would
like to redirect anything hitting 25,80, and 443
to a machine with no routable ip.  I have the following
in /etc/natd.conf

dynamic yes
use_sockets yes
same_ports yes
redirect_port tcp 192.168.x.x:80 80
redirect_port tcp 192.168.x.x:25 25
redirect_port tcp 192.168.x.x4:443 443

I am not sure if I am missing some other rule here
that would allow these ports to actually get
redirected to the internal machine, so hopefully
someone can help me out with this.  I apologize for
the lack of information on the rules, but I didn't
want to fill the message with information that wasn't
really relevant.  Thanks for any help.