Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 11:59:33 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        pascal@www.zvartnots.am
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FXP

>Hello!
>Guys I've got a problem with Intel Etherexpress Pro.
>It works VERY slow (30-40 KB/sec).
>The adapter is plugged in a Catalyst switch, so IMO it must be OK with
>autoneg protocols.

   Cisco switches typically don't autonegotiate correctly. You'll need to
force both ends to 100/full (or whatever) in order to set the correct mode.
Something like "ifconfig fxp0 media 100basetx mediaopt full-duplex"

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com