Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:51:07 -0800
From:      Kevin Downey <redchin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ath0 and reason 25

I have a dlink card that uses the ath0 driver. a DLW520. And when a
try to connect to an AP I get an error in dmesg "ath: association
failed (reason 25)"  followed by the BSSID of the AP. Is there a list
of "reasons" somewhere? I have tried on an open AP a closed AP with
WEP w/o WEP and I always get the same error. The card sees the AP
fine. kismet finds it no problem. Sometimes wicontrol -i ath0 -L will
show the AP and sometimes not.
I have tried looking around in /src/sys/dev/ath and /src/sys/net80211 for "
reasons" but my understanding of C / BSD internals is not very deep.