Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:06:15 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Marten Vijn <info@martenvijn.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tinybsd qemu small howto

-current dropped from the Cc: list.  This is most interesting for
freebsd-small users, than -current subscribers.

On 2007-11-15 19:24, Marten Vijn <info@martenvijn.nl> wrote:
>On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 03:32 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>On 2007-11-11 23:13, Marten Vijn <info@martenvijn.nl> wrote:
>>> a comprehensive overview how i use tinybsd
>>> and maintain images
>>>
>>> http://martenvijn.nl/trac/wiki/TinyBSD
>>
>> Hi Marten,
>>
>> Can we lure you into writing this up as an 'article', which is
>> committable or almost committable to CVS?
>
> I could try and might use some help in this,

My original email was an offer to help with the details of doing this.
It wasn't explicitly stated, but it is now :)

> The question is what would it take?

The wiki page is a good enough text as an initial mini-guide for
tinybsd, but I think we can arrange it a bit, expand parts of it,
and describe a few more tricks.

What I had originally in mind was working with you towards what an
article would include, i.e.:

	- Introduction

		- What is TinyBSD
		- Features of TinyBSD

	- How to obtain TinyBSD

	- Creating TinyBSD images

		- Building the base TinyBSD system

		- Post-build configuration of TinyBSD

		- Bundling ports & packages in TinyBSD images

	- Testing TinyBSD images

	- Updating TinyBSD images

This sort of article would probably need a bit or re-arranging of the
original Wiki text, but it seems like something very interesting for
potential users of TinyBSD.

Does the table-of-contents mock up shown above look ok?  Would you add
more sections/parts to it?

- Giorgos