Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:51:47 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        FreeBSD QUESTIONS <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.0 and it's near approach.

Hi,

I've never been through a major FreeBSD version change before, as I
started using it in the early 3.1 stage. My question is, when 4.0-RELEASE
comes out, will there be a 4.X-STABLE branch immediately? Also, will 3.X
continue for one more "cap off" release, as I heard meantioned before.

I plan on taking my workstation immediately to 4.0-REL (or -STABLE) but I
do not plan to upgrade the servers for at least 2 minor versions, for the
obvious reasons. Oh, one more thing - is there an ETA on 4.0-R, I see that
it is at RC #2.. Thanks for the help.

Matt
--
Matt Heckaman [matt@arpa.mail.net|matt@relic.net] [Please do not send me]