Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:15:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "C.J." <clayton@frii.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Supermicro and FreeBSD?

Thanks everyone for the responses.  Just to clear up (sorry I didn't
mention it before) I've tried SyncMax memory which is 'guaranteed to work
in any xeon board' and Samsung Original memory which SuperMicro recommends
for use.

The SyncMax memory has produced hundreds of errors in Memtest86 in the
course of a few hours (total garbage) where the Samsung Original memory
only produced one ECC error that was corrected over the course of a full
day (which to me still seems too high).

Has anyone had problems with the boards being overly picky about room
temperature or power (not getting enough, or not getting clean enough
power)?  It was suggested to me that the stock power supplies that come in
the SuperMicro chassis are underpowered.

- C.J.