Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 01:10:35 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP/5.0 performance on single CPU?

| almost all of the kernel.  However, the SMP work is still in progress and
| it will get better as time goes on.  One thing to note is that in 4.x,

Well, I'm trying to decide if I should make the leap to 5.0 when it
comes out (my early adopter side talking) or wait around for a rev or 2
(my -stable side talking).  I'm leaning toward waiting, since I depend
on my system for so much (it's my only box) and I also don't think I
have the time to learn the new details of 5.0 just yet.

Thanks for the comments, John.

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.