Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:43:04 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RealPlayer

Does anyone have a clue how to configure RealPlayer on a LAN machine
that accesses the internet via a FreeBSD gateway box with permanent modem
dialup link. The LAN boxes run various operating systems, including Win98 /
Win2000 / BSD / Solaris etc and every one has a "real" IP address. The ISP
end runs FreeBSD & has a squid proxy for http.

I've tried every possible combination & prmutation of Realplayer settings,
also emailed the company for advice, but not getting anywhere with it. The
ONLY response I get when I try accessing a  site with Realplayer is "unable
to establish a connection with server"