Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:15:16 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMBFS on latest stable

Just supped to the latest stable - as I understand it the support for
SMBFS  is now part of the kernel, though you still need smbfs from
ports installed in orderr for it to work correctly (I read this here
at some point).

I build a kernel with what appears to be the appropriate options
from LINT for SMB support- viz:

options         LIBICONV
options         LIBMCHAIN
options         NETSMB
options         NETSMBCRYPTO

and all works fine... except for the fact that I get this error when I
first mount an SMB sshare after a reboot:

module_register: module dev_netsmb already exists!
linker_file_sysinit "smbfs.ko" failed to register! 17
WARNING: "nsmb" is usurping "nsmb"'s cdevsw[]
netsmb_dev: loaded

Is this anything to worry about, any ideas whats causing the warning ? It
looks at a first glance as if it is trying to load the smb module, despite
the fact that it is now compiled into the kernel ?

-pcf.