Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 15:13:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mirroring ftp.freebsd.org effectively

    I've got mirror 2.8 installed and running here, but I'm having a
little trouble getting consistent results with the FreeBSD archives.
I see a lot of "Not symlinking ..." errors and empty directories.
Could someone send me their package entry for FreeBSD?  Mine is
currently:

package=freebsd
        comment=The FreeBSD Project
        use_files=true
        site=ftp.freebsd.org
        remote_dir=/pub/FreeBSD/
        local_dir+/.1/freebsd/
        exclude_patt=.*/.mirror
        do_deletes=false

    I use "mirror -d -pfreebsd /root/mirror/ftp.io.org" to update the
local archives.  Should I be doing something different?

    On a related note, is there an established procedure for mirroring
the Web site?  In particular, I'd like to have the mailing list
archives and search engine available locally, just for kicks.  :)
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.