Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2016 10:28:40 +0100
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: game machine based on FreeBSD?

bear in mind is a heavily customised version of freebsd. To the point where
is really isnt freebsd anymore. Most of the games will depend on various
additional propriety apis and libraries etc as well. I would expect OSX is
a closer pairing to freebsd than the PS4 os, but you wouldnt expect an
apple app to work on freebsd so I think getting ps4 games to run is a non
starter. Many os's have borrowed code from freebsd in the past. A lot of
the reason for this is the less restrictive license compared to linux. eg

NT4 had freebsd's ip stack,
junos was forked from freebsd ages ago,
netscalers are based on freebsd 8.4
ironports are freebsd based