Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:00:17 GMT
From:      "O.Herold" <oliver@akephalos.de>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/137776: [rum] panic in rum(4) driver on 8.0-BETA2

The following reply was made to PR kern/137776; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "O.Herold" <oliver@akephalos.de>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, flz@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:38:35 +0200

 Hi,

 there is a fix for this kind of bug. I tried it myself (FreeBSD 8.0 RC1)
 and it works like a charm. I had a stable connection without any panic
 (the first one since using if_rum driver in FreeBSD; see the PRs) for
 several hours while downloading and installing different packages on a new
 system.

 http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-October/012659.html

 Would be nice to see this fix in stable, I think it's too late for the
 release.

 Cheers, Oliver Herold

 --
 F!XMBR:http://www.fixmbr.de