Date:      Sat, 15 May 2004 19:39:53 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Jim Trigg <jtrigg@spamcop.net>
Subject:   Re: blacklist(s)

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 11:20:28PM -0400, Jim Trigg wrote:
> --On Friday, May 14, 2004 5:55 PM -0700 Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
> wrote:
>
> >	Any thoughts on spamcop.com?
>
> AFAIK, you mean spamcop.net (from what I can tell, spamcop.com does not
> have a blacklist, just a reporting feature and an ad for a Windows-based
> spam blocking program.
>
> The spamcop.net blacklist is somewhat controversial; some people find it
> too prone to false positives.  I personally won't use it to bounce mail,
> just to mark mail as suspected spam.

	Thanks for the data-point.  I backed off when I saw that
	spamcop.com was (1) for Doze clients and (2) wanted bux.
	If spamcop.net has a lot of false positives, then it's
	a no-go.  People I've known for years were seriously pissed
	when their mail was 550'd. --Of course they had no clue.
	Here at least we're mostly techies... .

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix