Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:44:43 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>, libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: libh/include/hui HuiTVObjects.hh libh/lib/hui HuiTVision_ButtonsGroupWidget.cc HuiTVision_CheckBoxesWidget.cc HuiTVision_InputLineWidget.cc HuiTVision_LabelWidget.cc HuiTVision_ListBoxWidget.cc HuiTVision_ProgressIndicatorWidget.cc HuiTVision_RadioMenuWidget.cc

--eDB11BtaWSyaBkpc

On Sun Jun 02, 2002 at 05:39:18PM -0700, Max Okumoto wrote:
> The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx> writes:
> > On Sun Jun 02, 2002 at 02:15:31PM -0700, Max Okumoto wrote:
> > > I am trying to find bugs in the widget layout code.  The only
> > > time these functions are called is from the constructors.
> > > No other objects call minSize() or maxSize(), nor can you call
> > > them from tcl.
> >=20
> > These kind of informations are precious to the project, and should be
> > recorded in the CVS history.
> >=20
> > > In all cases the results are directly feed into resize() in the
> > > constructor.  But in most cases, the widget constructor already
> > > sizes the object to the correct size... so its redundent to
> > > resize it again.  The constructors that require resize need to be
> > > fixed.
> > >
> > > FooWidget {
> > > 	/** Constructor. */
> > > 	FooWidget() { resize(minSize()); }
> > > };
> >=20
> > But why does this *require* removing the whole minSize() functions?
> > Couldn't these functions be used at some point?
> >=20
> > A.
>=20
> Yes, it doen't require removing the function, but since nobody
> calls it I think removing unused code is better for maintaining
> the code readablity.

Ok, I guess.

> If someone added those functions to the exported API (make it
> accessable to tcl) then some one might be able to use it.  But
> internally they wouldn't be called.  Did you have plans to use
> it from tcl?

Nope.
=20
> If we decided to add some sort of dynamic layout code.  We might
> use minSize() internally.

And we can fetch it from CVS history. Fine, case closed. :)

A.

--=20
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores
the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led
them into it in the first place. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

--eDB11BtaWSyaBkpc

--eDB11BtaWSyaBkpc--