Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:23:32 +0100 (BST)
From:      Byron Schlemmer <me@byron.me.uk>
To:        thrawn@linux.nu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMI MegaRAID + Reboot issues

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 thrawn@linux.nu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tryed to downgrade/upgrade de firmwire on the AMI cards?
>
> Just a thought.

Thanks to all those who responded. I think I've located the problem. I
upgraded firmware on the AMI controller to the latest version. No
change. I then tried to update the firmware on the motherboard. I
managed to kill the board at this point. My supplier (Digital Networks
UK whom I highly recommend) re-sent me a new motherboard. Same BIOS
version as the old one before the upgrade. I decided not to flash the
firmware this time. Instead I had a look around the BIOS settings and
set the 1st Boot device to "PCI Raid Controller" and ever since I'm able
to reboot the server without fail. I even tried a different RAID
controller of the same make and model, and still no problems. The
motherboard is a Gigabyte 6VTXDR.

	-byron