Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:25:10 -0600
From:      "Martin G. McCormick" <martin@server1.shellworld.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question about a Remote DRAC on a Dell Server

Michael Sierchio writes:
> The problem may simply be your /etc/ttys. You need to turn on getty on
> one or more of the serial ports.  The section for serial terminals on
> my machine looks like this:

	Thank you for a very good answer, but I did not ask the
question very well. I completely forgot to mention that I had
actually set   the first TTY as follows:

ttyu0	"/usr/libexec/getty std.116200"	vt100	on  secure

It worked when I actually had the system in the same room and
was connected to the box with a null-modem cable. When we
changed the console to work with the DRAC, the FreeBSD kernel
messages worked as always but the command-line console which
should start with the login prompt does act like it would with
that tty line not set.

Martin McCormick