Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:04:21 +0100
From:      Bachelier Vincent <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
To:        Shawn B <shawnblan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewall questions

Well, I suggest PF from openbsd
ok, it's really simple, and it exist a good page on freebsd to learn how it works

ok see ya

Le Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:47:10PM -0500, Shawn B a écrit:
> From: Shawn B <shawnblan@yahoo.com>
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:47:10 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Firewall questions
>
> I have been looking for a great firewall, something
> not too technical, since I have only been using
> FreeBSD for two months now.
>
> I have FreeBSD-4.8 installed, Apache-1.3, and
> Netqmail-1.05. I am also planning on running an NTP
> time server and possibly a forum in the future. The
> web site is expected to become a well-recognized site,
> so that complicates matters. More attention to the
> site means more attacks.
>
> Also, I am looking for antiviral protection for both
> the FreeBSD server, and any Windows or Macintosh
> systems that may be using the POP mail. I know qmail
> has one solution, which was contributed by a qmail
> user, but what are the alternatives?
>
> Any suggestions as to what firewall would provide me
> with the best protection, while not being overly too
> complicated?
>
> All help is greatly appreciated.

Vincent Bachelier <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
Language    : Francais / English
Societ(e/y) : Solintech - http://www.solintech.fr - Serveurs linux

Citation (fortune):

How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're
on.