Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 15:33:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        lars@ecst.csuchico.edu
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCM100 drivers available?

On Fri, 19 May 100 lars@ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSDi 4.0-RELEASE and having problems with this card.  The Linksys spec. sheet says
> it's PCMCIA Type II (NOT CardBus) so I'm wondering why it is not working.  It it seen on bootup
> but gives the error message "Linksys PCM100 10/100 not found in card database".  I would try PAO,
> but can't find the PAO-4.0-RELEASE anywhere.  Any Ideas?

Have you tried modifying the following entry in pccard.conf to match your
card:

card "Linksys" "EtherFast 10/100 PC Card (PCMPC100)"

to read something like:

card "Linksys" "PCM100 10/100"

(the exact strings can be found by executing: 'pccardc dumpcis' and
looking at 'Manuf =' and 'card vers =')

That should cause the card to be 'recognized'; the next step is to see if
the ed driver supports it.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org