Date:      Thu, 18 May 2006 07:12:35 -0600
From:      "Wilde, Donald" <dwilde@sandia.gov>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: change in iwi-firmware operation

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Norberto Meijome [mailto:freebsd@meijome.net]=20
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:13 PM
To: Wilde, Donald
Cc: Frank Altpeter; freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org

On Mon, 15 May 2006 07:44:34 -0600
"Wilde, Donald" <dwilde@sandia.gov> wrote:

> No, the iwi.sh did not get installed in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, although=20
> I did have iwi_enable=3D"YES" in rc.conf. Either that, or the nice=20
> little helpful routine in mergemaster cleaned it out for me as one of=20
> those "old" scripts that can cause "Very Bad Things" to happen...

Hi :)

pkg_info -L iwi-firmware*

will show  that the script installed by the port is /etc/rc.d/iwi

I had the issue with mergemaster destroying it in the past (thank god
for backups!), so I had moved it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/iwi.sh .

Since 6.1 and latest iwi port upgrade (I'm on iwi-firmware-2.4_7 now) *
, i'm getting more a lot more lockups than before when bringing the card
back up ( usually after a suspend/resume cycle). I'm testing a new set
of custom scripts to load/unload if_iwi.ko for a full reset and see if
this makes any different to stability.

* lack of stability could also be caused in my case due to change of
laptop( from Toshiba Tecra A2 to IBM thinkpad z60m...)

Beto
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Thanks!

I looked, and there was no iwi script there either. It seemed to pick up
iwi.sh, but there are a whole bunch of messages that aren't being logged
anywhere (as per a discussion on -STABLE) that suggest that something
isn't quite right. It does work connection-wise, but I haven't been able
to get any resume behavior other than a full boot out of it.
--
Don Wilde    Org 01737    505-844-1126
 I didn't get a toy train like the other kids. I got a toy subway