Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 07:37:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE (Christoph Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bug of the day - Microsoft

In a previous message, Christoph Kukulies said:

> First I thought it's a local java problem here:
>
> Go to www.microsoft.com and click the Search button.
> You will get
>
> JavaScript Error: http://www.microsoft.com/search/default.asp,line 9:
>
> syntax error.
>
> -->
> ..^
>

> This is with netscape communicator, of course. MSIE works.
>
> Browser war, act II.

No, it's not browser war, it's Java war. Microsoft is deliberately
trying to break Java so it doesn't run anywhere. That's why Sun
pulled their license from Microsoft.

--
"I haven't committed a crime.  What I did was fail to comply with the law."
-- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed