Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:52:41 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        david@vizion2000.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: set up of hp laserjet 2200dn with  Jetdirect 610N on network

Hi David,

> Despite reading the documentation I seem to be having difficulty setting up
> the printer from the server. So far I have not been able to get the beast to
> print-- I have scrapped all attempts at configuring the server and would
> appreciate some guidance before I trying again!!

Maybe you should tell us what facility you are trying to configure:
configuring cups or lpd is not exactly the same same.

I have had success for many years, with many models of HP printers,
through a Perl script, used as output filter for lpd, the script would
connect to the printer on TCP port 9100.

Bests,

Olivier