Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:18:00 -0800
From:      "Jonathan Graehl" <jonathan@graehl.org>
To:        "freebsd-Arch" <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   configuration files, XML, Mac OS X release

Apparently ( http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0103/24.primer.shtml ) Mac OS X
ships with the traditional set of Unix services (although they intentionally
don't have a shell or probably a lot of the other standard programs we're used
to).  They use XML configuration files to present a uniform graphical
configuration for their daemons.

Does anyone have a Mac with which to check it out?  Is source available to their
entire userspace system, or just the OS itself?

If Mac OS X has done configuration files right, perhaps we could copy their
approach.  If not, we can learn from their mistakes.

--
Jonathan Graehl
  http://jonathan.graehl.org/