Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 11:25:49 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org (Jordan Hubbard)
Subject:   Re: libncurses 1.9.9e ready to commit

> 	Well, I have it ready to plug in, including making sure the
> man pages and links are created properly.  It compiles and installs
> on my machine, and its running on my machine currently.

In absolute true case
you need to check all system & ports applications linking with it
does right job.

> 	I have not removed any of the terminfo functionality, so that
> anyone that *wants* to use terminfo can just install the terminfo
> database and it will work.  Without the terminfo database installed, it
> will revert to using termcap instead.

I remember some time ago Jordan somehow left /usr/lib/terminfo/*
and it was too long time to understand why his stuff not works,
so we have one precendent at least that having >1 terminal database
leads to big troubles.

Please, put needed #ifdefs to NOT look to /usr/lib/terminfo,
as I say only one terminal database must exists in the system, not TWO!
If you want something from terminal database - better way is
termcap file fixing than adding /usr/lib/terminfo stuff.

Please do not commit without terminfo taking out.

Don't forget to turn BSD-tputs on to have compatibility on libtermcap level.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -