Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 06:13:26 +0200 (SAST)
From:      The Psychotic Viper <psyv@sec-it.net>
To:        Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
Cc:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, Bad Mamma Jamma <mike@fbuc.org>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvsup question

Hi,

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Bad Mamma Jamma wrote:
> > > Hey everyone, I've posted this before this week, but it seems now it was
> > > very badly timed, so perhaps not may people saw it.  If anyone can offer
> > > any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it!  I'm running 4.1-RELEASE
> > > and trying to cvsup.  When I do, I get this message:
> > >
> > > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXaw.so.6" not found
> > >
> > > Can anyone clue me in as to what to do next?
> >
> > So, my suggestion is try "ldconfig -R /usr/X11R6/lib" .
> >
> Another suggestion is to uninstall and rebuild without the GUI.  IMHO
> the gui interface is at best worthless and a waste of resources. It's
> not even easier to use than the terminal mode!
> Just  do a make clean and recompile with: make  -DWITHOUT_X11

Maybe he needs X? Not all implementations of FreeBSD are servers only as I
personally use it as a w/s and need X for a few and (very) limited things.
I can add my R0.02 (worth nothing to the US$) but can suggest if the file
is missing after the ldconfig try installing Xaw3d-?.?.tgz from ur install
media or off one of the many ftp archives.

HTH
PsyV