Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:11:51 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        john@critchley.biz, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Annother Wireless network card annother problem

On Monday 21 April 2003 02:31, john@critchley.biz wrote:
> Um, this seems to be all over the place - which mailing list *SHOULD*
> this topic be on?

Probably on -questions; I'll send it back there.

You screwed up the attributions somehow.  I wrote this:

> >I also have a Lucent Orinoco Silver PCCard
> > and a Belkin F5D6020 PCCard.  I don't use the Belkin much because my
> > battery life is noticeably shorter than with the NetGear card.
>
> I have a Belkin F5D6020 which is giving me trouble - although I am
> trying to use it with a Belkin F5D6000 PCI adapter - here's what the wi
> driver has to say about them:
>
> wi0: <PRISM2STA WaveLAN> port 0xa400-0xa43f,0xa800-0xa87f mem
> 0xf4000000-0xf4000fff irq 12 at device 10.0 on pci0 wi0:
> CSR_READ_2(WI_HFA384X_SWSUPPORT0_OFF) wanted 18989, got 0
> device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 6

You don't mention which version of FreeBSD you're using.  Many of the PCI
bridges on the 802.11 PCI adapters are not supported, or not well
supported, on FreeBSD 4.x.  I think some of them might have better
support on 5.x, but I haven't tried WiFi there, and if I do, it'll be
with with the Aironet PCI card.

You might want to look into a PCCard bridge that is known good for
whatever release you're running.  Sorry, I don't have any advice to give
on that front, I haven't looked at those things for at least 5 years.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com