Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:31:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Slides for speech

At 18 Oct 2001 it looks like Wayne Pascoe composed:

wayne.->Hi all,
wayne.->
wayne.->Can anyone advise me on a good tool to generate slides for a talk
wayne.->under FreeBSD? I want these to be printable as well.
wayne.->
wayne.->I looked at Staroffice's presentation module, and this looks OKish,
wayne.->but is a bit klunky and slow.
wayne.->

Without a doubt, "Magicpoint" at

Homepage: http://www.Mew.org/mgp/

Download: ftp://ftp.mew.org/pub/MagicPoint/magicpoint-1.07a.tar.gz

I used it for my "Unix" presentation at Linuxworld in August. Make
sure to check out (run) all the "sample" files that come with it,
full color backgrounds, animated text, font sizes etc, it's all run
from a basic ASCII text file that you edit like HTML.