Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:39:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Robert A. Decker" <decker@robdecker.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java status?

I'm sorry for asking such a simple question, but I've searched through the
freebsd.org website and can't find a simple answer to this simple
question.

What is the status of java on freebsd? I'm running 4.3-Stable, but am
thinking of upgrading to 4.6 in order to run some web apps on the server.

Is it part of the distribution? Last time I looked, you had to download a
build from somewhere, then apply some patches, etc. It all looked a bit
sketchy...

Is it part of the ports? Will it be?

thanks,
rob