Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:03:48 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: An alternative Eclipse 3 port

[resending from another address since freebsd.org has some issues]

Jeremy Faulkner wrote:
> LIB_DEPENDS -> GTK is not a run depend of the motif port.

The Motif port does depend on GTK libraries, since it creates
swt-gtk.jar and libswt-gtk-motif-3062.so. But maybe LIB_DEPENDS is
superfluous, since we conditionally use USE_GNOME=gtk20 later on. I will
verify your patch.

> BUILD_DEPENDS -> Mozilla is not a build depend of motif port.

You may be right here, I will verify your diff when I get some time.

> GNOME_VFS should not be compiled with the motif port.

Why? GNOME is being used in the Motif port, check files/make_freebsd.mak
form the port skeleton.

> The KDE lib is not required by the motif port. If you want to have the
> KDE bits as well, it should be accessed via a USE_KDE or some such (not
> implemented).

Well, it is not required, but it will get built if you have the kdebase
port installed. I have tried to minimize the diffs from the eclipse
build process and this is what they actually do. They check for the kde
rpm and they build the library if they find it. I admit that this is not
very common ports behavior (although it is used in x11/nvidia-driver for
instance), but the way I see it is that you get to have the library if
you already have KDE. Who in his right mind would build Eclipse and want
  to drag the whole of KDE? :-)

Cheers,

Panagiotis