Date:      05 Aug 2001 20:33:21 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get sendmail to masquerade

At 2001-08-05T22:16:48Z, Tony Saign <tony@saignon.net> writes:

> You need the below line in your .mc file;
> FEATURE(domaintable, `hash -o /etc/mail/domaintable')
>
> the file domaintable would include 1 line;
> kanga.int.strauser.com	strauser.com
>
> That should take care of it...

Tony,

Actually, it turned out to be a little more subtle.  The DOMAIN(generic)
directive includes /usr/share/sendmail/cf/generic.m4, which has the line
EXPOSED_USER(`root'), which was the exact cause of the error I was getting.
I copied generic.m4 to int.m4, commented the offending line, changed
kanga.int.mc to read DOMAIN(int), and everything was fixed.
--
Kirk Strauser