Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 22:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Subject:   Re: Scary DPT problem.

Hi Steve Passe;  On 05-Sep-97 you wrote:

> > "DPT: Undocumented Error"

This is when we get an error indication from the DPT controller, but have
no clue what it is.

>  SMP-current should definitely NOT be used for anything critical right
>  now!

To add to Steve's message, I will quote the copyright notice on 1.2.4 DPT
driver:

 * This is a proprietary, unpublished source code.  No publishing, copying,
 * distribution or use permission is granted to anyone.
 *
 * If you want to use this product in any way, please contact the author by
 * sending email to shimon@i-connect.net

The 1.2.4 driver (as you can clearly see is NOT in the public domain!  Nor
is it something you should grab, use without permission on an experimental
version of the O/S, mess up something, complain about and recive much
sympathy.

I posted it on my personal machine as a means for experimenters who are
generous and gracious enough to assist me in debugging it.

---

Sincerely Yours,                               (Sent on 05-Sep-97, 21:49:22
by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro                                                Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net          Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313