Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:55:36 -0600
From:      lanehol@bellsouth.net
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What does "delete" really mean?

I keep running into the following error while running make on
FreeBSD-CURRENT
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl
Extracting config.h (with variable substitutions)
Extracting cflags (with variable substitutions)
Extracting writemain (with variable substitutions)
Extracting myconfig (with variable substitutions)
miniperl: no such file or directory

*** Error 1
Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl

I know that /usr/src/UPDATING recommends that I delete /usr/bin/miniperl,
but just deleting it doesn't seem to make the problem go away.  Besides this
is /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl, not the recommended directory.

I just updated with cvsup, so I can't figure why I am (apparently) behind.

So for my question(s)@FreeBSD:

Is my error related to the mention in UPDATING to delete /usr/bin/miniperl?
And if so, what does "delete" really mean in this context?

If there is no relation between my problem and the mention in UPDATING then
what (slow, painful, edumacational) steps should I take to rectify my
problem?

Thanks
lane