Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 09:11:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   boot blocks, and 3.0 -> 3.1 upgrade

	i just installed 3.1 from the CD and cvsuped to current on one of my
	laptops. All went well. This inspires me to upgrade my work laptop.
	However I am concernde. This machine _must_ work. I can't take the risk
	of breaking it!

	It's set up a lttle stangely, and I would like to hear the _safest_ way
	to upgrade it.

	It is a triple boot machien, using a combination of booteasy, and NT
	boot loader. it's structired like this, on a 8G drive:

	Partition	Size	Type	Usage
	----------	----	----	----
	1			2G		FAT32	Win95
	2			2G		FreeBSD	FreeBSD (3.0) curently)
	3			2G		FAT32	WinNT (4.0 + service pack 3)
	4			1.5G	FAT32	Common spae

	Upon power up, booteasy comesup and offers the following choices:

	F1	DOS
	F2	FreeBSD
	F3	DOS
	F4	DOS

	Only the first 2 work. Choosing the first one takes you to the NT
	Bootmanafer, which ofers 95, and NT.

	Now I would like to get this amchien to 3.-STABLE. So here is the
	questiomn, what is the _safest_ way to do thhis? I would prefer to
	avoid a reinstall, if possible.

	Thansk for the workds of wisdom, and advice on this.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco