Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 02:47:15 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        FENIX <fenix@fenix.mine.nu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mouse in console mode

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 03:39:55AM +0200, FENIX wrote:

> I  have this problem with my mouse in console mode, i can't get it to cut
> and paste, i'm using a standart 3 buttom serial mouse brand "Mitsumi" i have
> tryed several types of protocols for some of them the cursor is moving and i
> can select text, but when i try to cut and paste it's not working. Is there
> maybe someone who had simular problem or knows what i'm missing, i'll be
> very glad to just be able cut and paste :)

I assume you mean that when you click the middle button it doesn't
paste the highlighted text? If so, it sounds like it is being detected
as a 2-button mouse (probably detected as a Microsoft mouse, since
that's what many emulate). Try clicking the left and right buttons
together and see if that pastes.

> Greets Fenix
>
> May the source be with you !

        Want a lean, mean, computing machine?
	Get rid of that excess FAT - install FreeBSD