Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:22:10 +0200
From:      Pietro Cerutti <gahr@gahr.ch>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   X looks strange after restarting it

--------------enig00C9003484D7EEB2DF101CEC

Hi list,
I don't actually know how to explain this problem in an understandable
way...
I have an external 24' Sun monitor running at 1280x800 plugged into my
laptop (1280X800).
I start X without the external monitor, I plug it in, and press the keys
combination to enable it on my laptop. Everything looks fine on it.
Then, I exit X, restart it, and some applications looks differently.
Please look at [1] and [2] for partial screenshots before and after
restarting X, at [3] for my xorg.conf and at [4] for my Xorg.0.log

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

[1] http://www.gahr.ch/FreeBSD/misc/before.png
[2] http://www.gahr.ch/FreeBSD/misc/after.png