Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 00:06:22 +0000
From:      Bob Richards <rrichard@blythe-systems.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dealing with a failing drive

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:45:46 +0000
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> sysutils/aaccli  aaccli-1.0          Adaptec SCSI RAID administration

As I said in my previous post, this is EXACTLY what was wanted.

Installation of aaccli  was a snap. My only problem was the total lack
of documentation; no man page, no info file.... Capturing the "help"
screens within the CLI was useful, but pretty incomplete.

I found an Adaptec doc, describing their cli-sata-scsi-iug program;
http://download.adaptec.com/pdfs/installation_guides/cli-sata-scsi-iug.pdf

This seems to be exactly what aaccli is.

Since I usually do this sort of work outside of X, at the console, I
converted the adaptec  pdf file into a text file using pdftotext. The
ridiculous copyright restrictions on this file prevents me from
producing a man page, or an info file for redistribution as part of the
port!

So; If anyone wants either the pdf file, or the converted text file, I
would be glad to email same. Just send an email to
rrichard@blythe-systems.com and ask for
either my  /usr/local/share/cli/cli-sata-scsi-iug.pdf or for my
/usr/local/share/cli/cli-sata-scsi-iug.txt.

Bob

--
  _
 /o\