Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:31:56 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "Vince Vielhaber" <vev@michvhf.com>, <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: somewhat new to java questions

G'day,

--
Joe Shevland
Principal Consultant
Turnaround Solutions Pty. Ltd.
Ph:  +61-03-6224-9146 * Fax: +61-03-6223-2556
--
The best way to save face... is to keep the lower half shut -Anonymous

Not in Java 1.0.2. But you can create a Frame class or Dialog class that
behaves exactly the same (you can even modal-ise it without a parent Frame
with a bit of work).

> 2) After all the boxes have been filled in and the Send button is
> pressed, I need to tell the browser to go to another URL (possibly
> a cgi).  Is there something that will tell the browser to do it?

Yip, get the AppletContext from the Applet parent class. There's a method
(can't recall off the top of my head) that redirects the browser, ...
showPage( URL foo ) or showURL( URL foo ) I think.

> I'm not really sure that this is what this list is about, but the traffic
> is rather low here so I thought I'd at least give this one a try.

Sounds fair, good to see a bit of traffic.

HTH