Date:      Thu,  6 Jun 1996 21:14:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Jason White <mwhite+@CMU.EDU>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI Tape driver broken?

About a month ago, I upgraded my system to -current so I could do some
work on ccd.  The new kernel had some trouble with hanging on the probe
of my SCSI tape drive (Exabyte 8200).  I recently rebuilt the kernel
with a June 6th sup of the CVS tree and this probe seems to have
completely broken.  I'm currently rebuilding my kernel with FAILSAFE
defined, I'll let anyone interested know how that works out (email me).

I guess I should note that this tape drive works perfectly under all my
2.1 kernels.  In the old -current kernel, once I get past the probe the
tape drive functions as expected (I've done gigabyte+ dump/restores with
no problems).

-Matt