Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:12:57 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Several ACPI problems on vaio notebook [Was: powerd (cpufreq) problems]

--nextPart1306413.TWhUP9l2EH

Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 21:17 CEST schrieb Emanuel Strobl:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that whenever my notebook (VAIO SRX41p, BETA4) crashed, powerd
> prints the following error after reboot:
> acpi_perf0: Px transition to 500 failed
> acpi_perf0: set freq failed, err 6
>
> I can't solve that state, no shutdown/reboot will fix it. _But_, if I
> boot XP and reboot everything is fine again.
>
> I don't have problems if I do a clean shutdown and reboot FreeBSD.
> There seems to be something in an invalid state while powerd is running
> which powerd corrects at exit.
>
> Can I provide any useful info to get this fixed? I'm not planning to
> leave XP on that machine just because I need it to "reset" cpufreq
> related stuff ;)

The problem itself is described correctly but it doesn't only occur after=20
crashes, I also can't use powerd after normal startups. I can't determine=20
a pattern when the problem occurs, it seems to occur after the notebook=20
was powered down for some hours... Like I wrote in the original mail, only=
=20
starting XP solves this.

Additionally acpiconf -s3 doesn't work.
The system goes down and I see the suspend-LED blinking but after switching=
=20
on it doesn't wake up. The LCD backlight stays off and also the harddrive=20
doesn't start. Only the usual power LED is on.

I'd love to have FreeBSD on my notebook, at the moment I could do tests if=
=20
somebody has an ide what could be wrong.

Thanks,

=2DHarry