Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:04:54 -0700
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AAC_COMPAT_LINUX?

On Mar 26, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Scott Ballantyne wrote:

> Hi Tamouh,
>

> "Tamouh H." <hakmi@rogers.com> writers:
>> Once all done and you can see linux binaries, go to the Port:
>>
>> /usr/ports/sysutil/aaccli
>>
>>> make install distclean
>>

> Thanks so much! I had been using the aaccli from the Adaptec CD, which
> does need the AAC_COMPAT_LINUX option and wasn't aware of the port. It
> works great.

I am not using the port but a download from the Adaptec website.  I
do not have any AAC_COMPAT_LINUX.  Works just fine for me.

The port does seem to be a Linux one now -- it used to be a FreeBSD
native one that was not the equal of the Linux one in terms of
functionality and that had been basically abandoned, according to
what I remember Scott Long saying.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC