Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:40:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        Systems Engineering <eng@donut.ugcs.caltech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disk Geometry Error

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Systems Engineering wrote:

> I am attempting an installation via the 5.1-R iso.  During the
> partitioning process, fdisk reports that the detected disk geometry is
> probably incorrect.  Subsequently, I attempt to specify the geometry
> reported by bios (CSH:19158,255,16).  This geometry is, however,
> rejected.  I have tried some variations, including the "sane" proposal
> that fdisk makes after it reports that the detected disk geometry is
> invalid.  fdisk accepts them but this does not produce a bootable system
> (not surprising).

Let me guess. Is it limited to 2 GB? Youre disk probably has a jumper on
it with enables it above 2GB.

Regards,

Richard.

----
Paul Vixie in an interview with Sendmail.net:

Now that the Internet has the full spectrum of humanity as users,
the technology is showing its weakness: it was designed to be
used by friendly, smart people. Spammers, as an example of a class,
are neither friendly nor smart.