Date:      Mon, 06 Jul 1998 06:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New FreeBSD app alert!!!

I was cleaning out my inbox and saw this neat little thing.  I thought I'd
pass it on to the FreeBSD community to share and enjoy.

Anyway, the program is called Freequalizer, and it is basically a server
management thingie that allows you to build a cluster of TCP/IP servers,
and it does load balancing, network address translating (to allow any
number of servers to sit behind a single IP address), server failure
detection, and a lot of other goodies.

Apparently this package has been out for quite a while, and is used by a
lot of big Internet sites (they cite the Internet Movie DAtabase
(www.imdb.com) as an example).

And the best part is... it is available in a downloadable package form,
*free of charge* to the FreeBSD community.  (the free version has some
limitations, though...)

Still and all, though, IMHO, this is a Very Good Thing(tm), because any
new apps ported and made available for FreeBSD can only benefit us.

Maybe someone should hack up something for -announce re: this?...

-----FW: <3.0.3.32.19980625150541.007c9dd0@shell2.ba.best.com>-----