Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:12:31 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Rohit Panda <prohit99@yahoo.com>
Cc:        jkh@narf.osd.bsdi.com, mertz@gnosis.cx, lee@uk.FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installation problem

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 11:35:49PM -0700, Rohit Panda wrote:

> hi ,
>
>     i was using linux and a great fan of it.Then i heard about this
> wonderful OS called FreeBSD and wanted to try it out.i thought to install
> it via FTP. My E: drive in my windows machine is the place where i want
> to install FreeBSD(i have formatted my E: ,but iam getting the chance
> to fdisk because Sysinstall is not running). But iam facing a problem
> during installation.i have made the images of the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp
> from windows using the utility fdimage.Then i booted from the kernel
> image floppy .Everything goes fine and after that when i put the other
> floppy and hit enter it says " zf_read:unexpected EOF ". Then it continues
> with the kernel configuration.Once i teied to configure and the next time
> i skipped,but after that comes the problem.after it probes it says

Please wrap lines at 80 or less characters in the future.

The problem you are seeing is most probably a corrupted floppy disk,
or a corrupted image.  Try writing the mfsroot.flp image to another
disk, then if this fails, try downloading mfsroot.flp again.

Oh, and btw, posting to freebsd-questions would have been *quite*
enough :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.