Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:49:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Wingate <steve@velosystems.net>
To:        "W. D." <WD@US-Webmasters.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to stop SPAMMER??!

You don't mention several important things someone would need to answer
this question fully.

1. Are you running a real mailserver that needs to send/receive mail to
the outside world?
If not then just block port 25 incoming.
If yes, then configure some UCE (unsolicited commercial email) rules on
sendmail (assuming this what you have since you didn't say) and/or
consider using another mailserver with easier configured security (since
you're probably not a sendmail wizard). I suggest qmail or Postfix, which
I use.
 2. Are you the recipient of spam or is your box being used as a
relay?
This shouldn't happen in the default configuration any longer I believe.
Either check the Handbook online for sendmail configuration.
3. Dunno