Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:19:26 +0100
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere: reduce the number of rebuilt packages?

On 12.01.2015 18:45, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> The option -S (Don't recrusively rebuild packages affected by other
>> packages requiring incremental rebuild) looked promising. But automatic
>> packages are not always rebuilt and I've also encountered build
>> problems.
>
> I'll try this option now and would appreciate if you could describe
> the problems you had with it. Details help.

Not all ports with new versions were rebuilt. That is kind of expected
if there's no recursive rebuild.

As a workaround I simply passed the output of "pkg query %o" to
poudriere bulk -f. Now poudriere tried to build only the packages with
newer versions - just as desired.

But then there were build errors for some packages.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the log files. But I think the problem
was something like this:

A --depends on--> B --depends on--> C

* B was built depending on C version x
* C is upgraded from version x to version y
* rebuild of A is requested
* poudriere tries to install B version x during build
* installation of B fails because version x of C is not longer available