Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:03:05 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Richard Morse <pukku@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issue with hang on Thinkpad X120e when i/o ports disabled in bios

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Richard Morse <pukku@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi! When I disable the Bluetooth card (or the Memory Card Slot) in the BI=
OS (Security > I/O Port Access), FreeBSD hangs at start up just after acpi0=
 (<LENOVO TP-8F> on motherboard) shows up. I checked, and I do have the mos=
t recent BIOS version (and embedded controller version) installed.

> Is this something that is a known problem?

Not one I have seen on similar (but not identical) models.

Have you done a verbose boot to confirm the place it hangs? Frequently
the problem is with something that happens just after the last printed
item comes out and verbose boot logs will often show that.

Both the memory card slot and the Bluetooth are almost certainly
connected to the USB, not directly to the PCI, so I tend to suspect
USB (or USB related) issues, in which case this is hte wrong list. Of
course, I certainly might be wrong.
--=20
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com