Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:39:16 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        Scott Stevenson <scott@maxify.com>
Subject:   Re: Partial web page loading

Chris wrote:

> Scott Stevenson wrote:
>
>> I'm a relatively new user of FreeBSD (5.3 release), and have
>> encountered a problem that I haven't seen on other platforms. The
>> details and a screenshot are outlined here:
>>
>> http://theocacao.com/document.page/82
>>
>> Essentially, web content (text and images alike, it seems)
>> occasionally fails to load in entirety. I personally haven't be
>> able to recreate this yet, but a few people have sent me
>> emails about it. I didn't hear anything about this prior to
>> switching to FreeBSD. This is the exact same content I had
>> running on a Red Hat-based machine running the same version of Apache.
>>
>> I've done a lot of googling and looking through mailing list
>> archives, but haven't been able to identify any real leads yet.
>> Syslog doesn't suggest anything is amiss. My environment is:
>>
>> FreeBSD 5.3-Release
>> Apache 2.0.50
>> PHP 5.0.2
>> BIND 9.3.0
>>
>> Both Apache and PHP were built from ports. I realize
>> Apache is a few versions behind, and I'm going to upgrade it.
>> Looking at the changelog, though, I can't seem to find
>> anything that would pertain to this.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> See if the issue continues. Is it only certain days? Certain hours?
> From certain locales? I would not be surprised if it clears up. If
> it does, chalk it up to your ISP

Are we understanding correctly that it's the server at issue?

Pages from theocacao.com are looking fine here.  On cocoadevcentral.com,
the article I looked at seemed fine; however, the right sidebar/navbar
seemed
truncated.  I felt sure it was a rendering/CSS bug, though.

I'd sure keep an eye on:

top(1)
/var/log/httpd-access.log
/var/log/httpd-error.log

Is there any pattern to these "misloaded" pages?

Kevin Kinsey