Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:59:11 +0200
From:      Philipp Grau <phgrau@ZEDAT.FU-Berlin.DE>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   new rc system

Hello,

while installing new maschines I ran in the difficulty, that I need a link
from /dev/ttyd0 to /dev/refclock-0. Okay, thats easy. Just put a line in
/etc/devfs.conf.

Next problem is that /etc/rc.d/ntpd is evaluated before /etc/rc.d/devfs (see
the output of "rcorder /etc/rc.d*) So the start of ntpd fails because it is
requires the devfs link. Ntpd likes to open /dev/refclock-0.

What should I do to circumvent this problem? By simply adding a
"# REQUIRE: devfs" to the /etc/rc.d/ntpd file? Or this there some other
mechanism?

Regards, Philipp