Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:46:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de (Christian Fluegel)
To:        Stephen <crispan@iprimus.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting up to an X login.

Stephen schrieb:
> Hi everyone, I was wondering how I would go about
> starting my machine to go an X logon upon boot, as Ive
> setup X.

You will need a file called .xsession (notice the leading dot) in your
home directory.
In this file you may put all your startup options. (at least which wm
xdm shouild start). The all you needt to do is to edit /etc/ttys.

You will find more on the subject in the FreeBSD Handbook Chapter 5.6
"The X-Display Manager"

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html

Regards

Christian