Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:58:04 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using Netra T1 105's as console servers.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 04:45:41PM -0800, Peter Losher wrote:
> Marius Strobl wrote:
>
> >> Has anyone used a T1 as a serial console server, and encountered these
> >> problems?
> >
> > FYI, in HEAD I've fixed rp(4) to work on sparc64.
>
> Hooray, any chance this can be backported to 6-STABLE? (or just a patch
> for now) ;)

It needs no real backport; just grab the version from HEAD or
use the following patch, which also applies to RELENG_6:
http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/rp_64-bit_endian.diff
I've planned to MFC it to RELENG_6 in ~2 weeks.

> > I can also have a look at the USB drivers if you are still interested and tell me
> > which USB<->RS232 adapters you tried to use. On a quick glance at
> > least some of these drivers aren't endian-clean either.
>
> uplcom is the driver I am using for the USB<->RS232 converters we use
> (Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX).

Hrm, that's one of those drivers that actually look good to me :)
I'll see if I can get such hardware...

Marius