Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:40:32 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best IDE for slow system?

| The gridbag becomes easy after you've written a little wrapper around it
| with sane defaults and some convenience methods. Simply entend the JPanel

Yes, I probably should just dive in and learn it the hard way.

| I never used GTK, so I cannot comment on that.

GTK actually has a similar model for laying out buttons.  It offers
similar containers and takes care of formatting internally.

| As for IDE: I develop with FreeBSD's default vi and Ant 1.4.1. Ant's only
| virtue is that it will work on all OS's. In my current project we have a mix
| of FreeBSD, Linux, cygwin on Windows and Windows on the developer's desktops
| and roll-out is on a Solaris box. How's that for heterogenous environments?

Very cool.  :-)
What kind of applications are you working on?  And let me guess: you are
the one with the BSD box?

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.